what's new?!?

flashes flashing!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

shrimp chopsuey


I learned this from my roomie who loves to cook. I rave about her food everytime she cooks. We share foods and so I have to learn. Tonight is one of my turns.
[My] ingredients:
1/2 kilo medium shrimp
sliced carrot
sliced baguio beans
sliced cabbage
sliced broccoli
sliced cauliflower
sliced baby corn
1 medium green pepper (sliced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 medium onion
2 tbsps vegetable oil
1 sachet of knorr crab & corn soup
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsps water
1 tbsp fish sauce
S&P to taste
[My] preparation:
Pour the contents of crab and corn soup sachet in 2 tbsps. of water. Mix well and set aside.
Wash all the ingredients before slicing. Sautee garlic and onion until brown in a medium-sized skillet, then add the sliced vegetables i.e. cauliflower, carrots, baby corn and baguio beans. Stir and cover for about 4 minutes until vegetables are half-cooked. Add the mixture of crab & corn soup. Add shrimps and stir until they turn pink. Stir altogether and cover for about 2 minutes. Season with 2 tbsps of oyster sauce, 1 tbsp of fish sauce, and a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add the remaining vegetables i.e. cabbage, broccoli and green pepper and cover for 1 minute.

That's it! Best with fried fish.
So, on to the dinner...:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...